Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Decoratin': I LOVE SCRAPBOOK PAPER

Whew. Sure is dusty around here, eh? Lots has changed since I last wrote and once you get out of the habit, it's hard to get the momentum back. But I've been reading a lot of design blogs and recently moved into a new apartment that I'm super-excited to decorate so this seems like a good place to share it.

Let's start with the bathroom, shall we?

To start, I walked into Target dead set on a brown/green theme and instantly fell in love with this bright, busy, flowery shower curtain. I added these rugs in green and yellow and these towels. I also added these accessories, with the toothbrush holder and canister in yellow and the trashcan in green. I love that not only were they exactly what I was looking for, but also so cheap!



Now, once I got this all done, I was done, right?

WRONG. Now, I have never in my life hung "art" in a bathroom. Why bother? The walls are usually tiny and bathroom "art" is generally cheesy and weird. But when I had everything set up, something still seemed missing. Check it out:



















It's kind of hard to see, because there wasn't much room to back up, but the toilet is in a narrow alcove between a wall and a toilet. And it seems so ... barren. Empty. It needed something. But the shower curtain is just so busy that any of the usual art subjects would just clash.

Enter scrapbook paper. So off we went to Jo-Ann's and I came out with $10 worth. I am so in love and need more frames for what I got.

Here's the stash:



The green and yellow on the bottom right are two different pieces, a textured goldenrod and a swirly patterned green. The one on the bottom left didn't photograph too well, the pattern is actually a lot more subtle and it kind of matches the swirly, vine-y stuff on the shower curtain.

I also found this frame in one of my boxes so I'm going to use it, probably with the swirly green vine-y one on top of the yellow:



I'm still brainstorming and thinking, but I'll be back when there's more to show!

No comments:

Post a Comment