Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Resolutions

Here's my big one. I am terrible about letting clean laundry build up in a basket and I basically live like pull things out of clean basket, get dressed, throw in dirty basket. Sometimes if I do a small load, I'll fold and put stuff away, but after awhile, the majority of my clothes are out of the drawers. Every few months I get fed up, wash everything whether it needs it or not, and reorganize. I always feel so much better when everything is properly put away and I realize when it's all done that it's really not that bad to put things away. I get really hung up on small details like where to put things away and how they'll fit and how to organize that I can't see the big picture and just DO it. But the truth is I have a lot of storage space now. More drawer space than I've probably ever had in my life. I have one 6-drawer MALM chest and one 4-drawer MALM all to myself. There is no need to stress myself out anymore about trying to jam things in.

So I'm going to make an effort to just put laundry away like a normal person and be less of a slob in general. I've also found I've felt so much more motivated and productive these past couple of weeks because I cleaned the hell out of my apt for my friend's visit last weekend, then I made an effort to keep it that way (company ready) knowing another friend was coming over this past weekend and it's been really cool to know every day that I don't have a cluttered living room or bedroom or kitchen to deal with. When I sit down and watch TV, I truly have nothing else to do. I want to keep that feeling going.

SO. 2011. Less slob, more daily picking up. I know myself and I know I can handle little things. Hell, even when I finally get around to conquering the mountain of laundry, I wind up dividing it into piles (t-shirts, short sleeved shirts, long sleeved shirts, sweaters, jeans, pants, skirts) based on how they're organized in my drawers and it's much less overwhelming. I need to remember this and make it stick this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment