Saturday, January 8, 2011

Now for something completely different: Pantsless Subway Ride!

Last January, I was in a weird place. Standing on the edge of something, to be so cliche. Newly divorced, 27, a whole city of people and places and experiences open to me.

So what's the first thing I did?

I took my pants off on the subway, of course!

Look, I wish I could say I did it for charity, or for awareness, or just simply for something. But here's the truth. I did it for me. I walked into Alewife station, up to a mass of strangers, introduced myself, met people, and then we took our pants off on the subway.

And it was awesome. It was perfect. It was selfishly just what I needed for me. Raising awareness that I was different and new and changed, if you will.

I handed my phone to a stranger and said "Hey, take a picture of me?"


I was paired up with someone I had never met before. Turns out disrobing on the subway is a bonding experience

And then, the group of us headed over to Beantown Pub for drinks, snacks, pool, and confusing patrons.
Not a bad way to start the year.

And tomorrow, I'm going to do it all over again. Alewife. 2pm. Be there.

(PS: That's me in the picture! In the red coat, just above the word "pants")

1 comment:

  1. yay go Flanfry! have fun tomorrow!
    xo,
    bean

    ReplyDelete